The ‘Yak Ru’ combines racing, adventure, and exploration into a two-wheeled expedition of a lifetime for both professional and amateur mountain bike riders alike – raising the bar for the hugely-popular enduro format of mountain bike competition.
With an abundance of challenging & technical singletrack; mind-blowing alpine scenery, and the inimitable hospitality of the event organizers and host communities - the ‘Yak Ru’ is a true multi-day epic: one that will test the fitness and skills of enduro enthusiasts as they test themselves amongst the highest mountains in the world.
• A true big mountain enduro – ride high-speed and/or technical terrain with the majestic Annapurna Range as its backdrop, with stunning views of several 8000m+ peaks.
• High-altitude alpine trails between 4300-3200m elevation
• Competition format: Enduro mountain bike race - 6 timed stages spread over 3 days of racing
• Electronic timing system
• 3 non-competitive ride days for acclimatization and post-competition return journey
• Complete support for accommodation, catering, and logistics - so that all participants can focus 100% on riding.
- Event date: 07 – 17 October 2017
- Location: Annapurna Range ,Manang District, Nepal
- Racing days: 3
- Total number of riding days: 4
- Race format: Multi-stage, multi-day, electronically-timed Enduro mountain bike race.
- Please be fully aware of the high level of technical ability, self-sufficiency, and general mountain awareness that is required to safely participate in this event.
Come join our 4th edition (2017) race.
To sign up for 2017 Race, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Yak Ru Annapurna challenge Official Site.